Wednesday 16 November 2011

A list of my non-favourite things.

Things currently annoying me include, but are not limited to:

  • Commercial radio and it's terrible playlists of the same awful songs repeated 5-6 times a day. 
  • Thin walls in the office that don't block out said radio.
  • Tiny, tiny, tiny print that I have to spend days reading that's giving me a headache and making me v v v tired.
  • The fact that I have zero money, but everywhere has discounts and sales and offers on and I want pretty dresses SO FRICKING BAD. 
  • Work. I'll say no more on that particular subject, lest I induce in myself a stroke.
  • People thinking that 'high street' stores like LK Bennett etc are somehow 'cheap' and modest when royalty/politicians etc shop there - despite the fact that a simple work dress will set you back a good £200-250. I've not worn a dress to work in months that cost me more than 20 quid, and I know I am not alone. I'm sick of reading articles about how great it is that Kate Middleton wears more affordable clothes like LK Bennett, when the same news site is carrying articles about meals of toast sandwiches for 7p because we're all so skint. THIS DOES NOT COMPUTE. 
  • The fact that I have STILL not received my order from H&M (see previous ranty blogpost on the subject) that I placed 2.5 weeks ago - instead of changing the address like I wanted, it got sent back to them instead so I have to re-order it and wait another 2 weeks for delivery. NEVER EVER ORDER FROM THESE PEOPLE UNLESS YOU HAVE ALL DAY TO WAIT IN. And if you have all day all week to wait in for couriers, you either have no job thus can't afford to shop, or are more likely to be found shopping in LK Bennett in the first place.
  • The fact that willing myself to lose weight apparently doesn't work. I really thought that was gonna cancel out all those pizzas and chocolate bars....
  • Being stressed out about my favourite time of year. It always happens, yet Christmas always remains my favourite time of year. I'm clearly nuts. I get stressed about money, about who to buy presents for and the level of present to buy, about whether or not I'll actually have any social plans this year, or if it'll be another fortnight slouched in front of the tv at my parents' eating my body weight in selection boxes and Toblerone. I was determined for this Christmas to be different, to get to hang out with people and go out and do stuff, but I can't force myself on people. That'd just be even weirder than I already am. Maybe Santa will bring me some robo-friends in my stocking that I can programme to do my bidding....

No comments:

Post a Comment