Tuesday 18 October 2011

Ranty McRanterson

I feel like a good rant today. Trouble is, there are so many things to rant about that I can't seem to pick a topic.

Cos everything is stupid. The bus company here is stupid. They faffed around with the timetable which means that if I miss the one bus, I have to walk a good 15 mins to the bus stop for the next bus (they alternate routes every half hour - end up getting me to the same place but get there a different way, one of which is 2 mins from me, one of which is at least 15). This means I end up having to get taxis to work a lot, because I'm apparently incapable of dragging my ass out of bed in time. This means that I haz no monies for noms. Beans on toast for the next two weeks it is! Woo!
There's a book about "The story of baked beans"? Seriously?! And I'm not a paid writer how, exactly? Sheesh.

Next, I am annoyed that there are too many things that I need to do in work that rely on another person to do things for me first, and that person is super busy so I have to sit around waiting a lot. Can't be helped, but it's infuriating and wasting my time.

Hmm, what next? The economy, I guess. Why not, eh? The economy is basically fucked. As are all of us. Screwed with our pants on, as Toby Ziegler would say. Inflation went up again today, the cost of living is going up and up and up because of massive increases in gas and electricity prices (from companies who, by the way, are currently making a veeeery comfortable profit). Fuel and oil prices are just getting to stupid numbers by now, I'm looking at a packet of cream crackers and cheese and thinking "Mmmm, dinner for a week!" and I'm not even that badly off compared to some people. But the government seems content to sit back and make empty gestures about it all. They don't have the first fucking clue what it is like to not know how you're going to pay your next mortgage or rent payment. How you're going to feed yourself, how you're going to pay for heating. There are people all over the country - families with kids, old people - who have to choose between food and heating. They can't have both. My own parents are having a pretty hard time of it - when they run out of diesel for the car, they can't just go and get more, they have to wait for their next pension payment to come in and see if they can afford it. When they run out of oil, they have to scrape together some money to buy coal to use the fire for heating instead, because filling up the oil tank costs too much. And neither myself nor my brother are in much of a position to help them, because everyone is finding it tough. And that's before you even start thinking about Christmas. But sure, so long as Cameron and that stupid pasty faced mouth breather Osborne are living the life of luxury, what the hell should they care? How about they swap lives with my parents for a week or two, see how it feels? Fucking Tory bastards.


I'm also annoyed at my skin. Or more generally, my body. I know it's quite possibly all my own fault, since I'm far from the healthiest of people, but it's just been conspiring against me of late. I had a couple of infections requiring antibiotics over the summer, a cold that hit at the absolute worst time and lingered for a lot longer than was polite, quite frankly, and now my skin is fucking about. I have some sort of dermatitis for which I'm on yet more antibiotics, it's refusing to clear up and apparently putting anything on it is likely to make it worse. And I have a job interview tomorrow. Brilliant(!) I look like some sort of semi-diseased leper or something. That'll make a cracking first impression.


Let's see, what else am I annoyed about/by? Mary Portas, my constant urge to shop, my inability to stop biting at my lips, Coldplay, commercial radio, inaccurate weather forecasts, how disappointing Sainsbury's own brand caramel chocolate biscuity things are, my compulsion for checking my phone every 3 minutes despite the fact that it's sat beside me and I'd see and hear if it went off (and it never does *sad face*), how my hair won't behave itself, my lack of having a butler, my laziness, the constant sense of surprise that my boss has when I'm behind on my work, despite my doing the job of at least 2 people, the delay in getting my new shoes that I ordered online that I wanted to wear to my interview tomorrow.

Ok, I think that'll do for now. No doubt I'll think of more things to rant about later.

No comments:

Post a Comment