Tuesday 25 October 2011

Some stuff.

Here are a collection of random thoughts I've had/been having the last few days.

I seriously need to do something about my inability to sleep when I'm supposed to, and my ability to sleep when I'm not supposed to. Can't get to sleep at night no matter what, can't get out of bed in the morning no matter what.

I'm increasingly feeling simultaneously more like a grown up, and like I have no idea what I'm doing in life. I don't particularly like either of these things.

The thing I hate about having an office with windows is that I can't hitch my tights up when I feel like it without giving someone an eyeful.

Soup is awesome.

Skin complaints are not.

New shoes ordered online will always manage to arrive just after you really needed them.

Explosive nosebleeds all over your desk and pretty new dress are inconvenient, at best.

I have really mental dreams, but can never remember them properly. Especially because these days I seem to have lots of mental dreams each night. Last night/this morning, for instance I had some sort of dream involving my family, a caravan, a plotline from EastEnders, someone who was famous I think but I can't remember who, a lake and Chewbacca. Yes, Chewbacca. From Star Wars. I feel like it'd make a great story if only I could remember it....

It is completely impossible to skip past Your Ex-Lover Is Dead, no matter how many times you've heard it recently.

I really want to have a Christmas party, but having most of my friends in different countries atm makes this somewhat difficult. I shall still run around the house decorating, singing Christmas songs and wearing a Santa hat nonetheless.

Speaking of which, I'm ridiculously obsessed with Christmas. Whilst I don't want it to come too soon, because I don't want to get bored of it and I also need more saving time for the enormous amount of gift shopping I have to do, I kinda can't wait for it. Halloween holds little appeal for me anymore as I don't seem to know anyone these days who bothers dressing up or going out for it, so I'm all about Christmas. The lights, the snow (if we get it), the Christmas sweaters (of which I have many), the songs, the decorations, the sense of excitement in the air - I bloody love all of it. I want to decorate my house, and bake cookies, and find awesome gifts for people, and make shoddy cards, and stay up all Christmas Eve breaking my back wrapping presents so they look amazing. Even if I do say so myself, I'm pretty good at gift wrapping. I've always said I should set up some sort of Christmas-related business over December, decorating and wrapping presents and things. But then again, I have enough of that to do just for my immediate family so I have no idea how I'd have time to do it for anyone else! Maybe when I win the lottery I'll be like a female Santa or something.

The playlists I make on Spotify are almost too awesome to be listened to at work - it's very hard not to sing/air guitar/dance along. VERY hard.

I just had a flashback to an episode of EastEnders from the other day where Ian Beale tried to dance to Huey Lewis and the News. It was disturbing. As was the flashback.

Dance Yrself Clean continues to be an incredible tune. 

Getting 69.3% on a course is extremely infuriating.

Thinking of the perfect present for someone, then finding you can only buy it overseas but they won't ship it to you, is also infuriating.

Beans on toast becomes unappetising after the fourth such dish in a week.

There, I think that's enough randomness for one post.

No comments:

Post a Comment